australian immigration passport

Partner or Parent Visa Application

Australian citizens and permanent residents may be eligible to sponsor their parents or partner to live with them in Australia. Each visa depends on the type of relationship between the citizen or resident and the applicant.

If you are having trouble navigating this process and are searching for a fast resolution, don’t hesitate to contact us at Rex Howard & Associates. We are your Australian immigration consultants in Oxley, Queensland. 

Partner Visa Applications

You may be eligible for a partner visa if you are:

  • A de facto partner with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen (including same sex relationships)
  • A spouse of any of the residents listed above
  • A fiancé of any of the residents listed above

To determine the appropriate visa category, you must first determine if you are applying from within or outside Australia, as well as addressing other mitigating circumstances. For more information navigating this process and choosing the best partner category visa for you, get in touch with us today.

Parent Visa Application

You are potentially eligible to apply for the parent category if you:

  • Have a child who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Your child has been living in Australia legally for at least 2 years before you lodge your application
  • You have a sponsor
  • You meet the balance of family test criteria
  • You meet health and character requirements

You can apply for either a temporary or permanent parent status visa. There are up to 6 different scenarios that dictate which type of visa you will apply for, each of which are based on your current circumstances and how long you want to stay in the country.

CTA: The process of parent and partner visa applications is manageable with the help of Australian immigration consultants like Rex Howard & Associates. For professional assistance, contact us today.

Contact Information